Lead for Nebraska Makes an Impact
- Develop and leverage rural broadband access and economic development and more. We want to increase access and leverage that access to see growth. However, members can also serve in many focus areas!
- Build capacity in the community. All communities have those ideas and projects for which they just don’t have the people power to support. Members can help!
- In it for the long haul. Members are committed to a one-year term which gives them the ability to dig in and get to work.
- AmeriCorps Service. Our Fellowship program is proud to be an AmeriCorps Service opportunity. Members are eligible for all the amazing benefits and opportunities that come with national service.
How the Program Works
- Native Nebraskans are encouraged to apply for service. Members are typically recent college graduates, from the host community region.
- Typically two or more members are embedded in host communities throughout the state for a two-year period. In some instances, they may be placed alone.
- Members embark on a community listening tour, strategic planning process, and then become an embedded and engaged part of the community.
- Lead for Nebraska and Members will work with hosts to determine where they can build capacity in the community.
- Identify needs, make a plan, and put it in motion.