Fellows Make an Impact
- Develop and leverage rural broadband access and economic development and more. We want to increase access and leverage that access to see growth. However, fellows can also serve in many other focus areas!
- Build capacity in the community. All communities have those ideas and projects for which they just don’t have the people power to support. Fellows can help!
- In it for the long haul. Fellows are committed to a two-year term which gives them the ability to dig in and get to work.
- AmeriCorps Service. Fellows also serve as AmeriCorps Service Members and are eligible for all the amazing benefits and opportunities that come with national service.
How the Fellowship Works
- Native Nebraskans are encouraged to apply for fellowships. Fellows are typically recent college graduates, from the host community region.
- Typically two or more fellows are embedded in host communities throughout the state for a two-year period. In some instances, fellows may be placed alone.
- Fellows embark on a community listening tour, strategic planning process, and then become an embedded and engaged part of the community.
- Fellows will work with hosts to determine where they can build capacity in the community while leveraging rural broadband and building economic development opportunities.
- Identify needs, make a plan, and put it in motion.